There’s still time to help directly support the Dales Way and get public recognition for your efforts.
The Lake District National Park Authority has introduced a scheme for the public to sponsor various works they undertake, including the installation of fingerposts. Sponsors have the option of including a small plaque on the fingerpost if they wish.
Five replacement Dales Way fingerposts have now been added to their web site available for adoption. The fingerposts will have Dales Way on the blade, some with a destination and mileage.
The cost is £150 for a plain fingerpost, or £250 with a small plaque. Select the “Engrave” button if you want to include a small plaque, maximum 20 characters!
Here are 5 of the Dales Way Finger Posts looking for support:-
- A three-blade finger post as path splits under railway bridge showing Footpath and Dales Way. Cost: £150 plain or £250 with plaque
- A single-blade finger post at road side near Staveley Village showing Footpath ‘Dales Way’ to Burneside 3.5 miles. Cost: £150 plain or £250 with plaque
- A two-blade finger post on road junction at Fell Plain 1. ‘Dales Way’ Staveley 1.5 miles 2. ‘Dales Way’ Bowness 4 miles Cost: £150 plain or £250 with plaque
- A two-way finger post showing ‘Dales Way’ following a Bridleway as it leaves the old walled lane and heads across fields near Borwick Fold Farm. Cost: £150 plain or £250 with plaque
- A three-way finger post at the junction with the bridleway, showing Dales Way following along footpath towards Crag House Farm. Cost: £150 plain or £250 with plaque
Go to http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/caringfor/donate for all lakeland projects. The Dales Way is in the Central & South Eastern Area.